Did you miss your chance to spam !plat in our Twitch Chat for Devstream 100? While we can’t replicate that experience, we can tell you what was talked about and revealed for this milestone stream!
You can see all of the dirty details (including one too many knob jokes) in the full 2-hour special, or simply read our overview below:
- The Plains of Eidolon update for Console will hopefully be sent to cert tonight!
- 3 PC Alerts are live for 100 Hours after the stream: Orokin Catalyst Alert, Orokin Reactor Alert, Rifle Riven Alert!
- Consoles have the 24 Hour GOTL Alert live, and will receive the other 3 Alerts once Cert is done.
NEW WARFRAME – KHORA
Here’s Khora, one of the Warframes we’ve been working on behind the scenes:
With her, you will be able to summon her own custom Kavat (even if you already have a Kavat equipped – you’re one step closer to full Kavat-lady status) and an exalted Whip!
She will have the ability to change her damage output between slash/impact/puncture, and her appearance will change to reflect it.
Here’s a look at early progress for the next Eidolon, with
banana Excalibur for scale! This fellow will stomp around on his blade-like arms, and possibly fly around the Landscape for you to pursue.
The version on the left is the Eidolon ‘intact’, and the version on the right is the Eidolon having replaced his (lost) head with a piece of blubber from the Orokin Tower. If you haven’t heard before, Eidolons as we know them now are damaged from the Old War and search the Landscape for their missing parts, replacing them with whatever they can find.
Geoff mentioned bringing out variants for the existing Teralyst as well – what will its arm be next?!
DAILY TRIBUTE SYSTEM CHANGES
We’re making changes to the Daily Tribute System with the introduction of “Tracks”. After the initial 50 days of logins, you will be given the option to choose the track for your next milestone, taken from the existing milestone rewards (Zenistar, Primed Shred, etc.). After another 50 days (number still TBD), you will unlock the item and pick your next Track.
OPERATION PLAGUE STAR
THE METEOR HAS LANDED! Have you ventured onto the Plains to investigate it yet?
Next week will come a new Operation tied to the meteor, with new and returning rewards. Here’s a look at the new infested Zaws that you will be able to earn from this event:
Full album of in-progress pics can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/tGAXF
The Snipetron will also be making a comeback with this Operation.
BOUNTY REWARD CHANGES
We’re changing how you receive rewards from Bounties. Currently you receive one item upon its completion, but now you will earn a reward upon the success of each stage.
The first few stages will pull rewards from the common and uncommon pool, and the last two stages pull from the complete drop table.
Since Focus 2.0 went out, we’ve heard a lot of feedback about how it feels to unlock nodes and gain Focus points, and it’s not what we wanted to hear. So, we’re smashing the system again. You will be given the opportunity to respec your schools once again.
Here’s a look at what’s changing:
We will be removing tree-specific Focus capacity and moving to one Universal capacity for all schools. This way it’ll be easier to move between Schools, like the Way-Bound passives already offer.
The daily Focus Point cap is also being removed and replaced with a curve. When you first start playing, you will receive a boost of Focus experience, with less being received the more that you farm. The point on the curve at which you receive diminishing returns will probably mirror the existing cap now. Instead of receiving no Focus points at all after this level, you’ll simply get less of them.
We’re experimenting with the boosted Focus gain in a few ways as well:
1 – Have the initial boost be tied to your Mastery Rank. The higher it is, the more you earn.
2 – Playing a range of different mission types will add to this booster, encouraging diversity when gaining Focus points. You can play the same mission over and over if you want, but venturing into other nodes on the Star Chart will give you a bonus.
The Focus System is here to address the “what’s beyond 30?” question – that is, what happens to the affinity you earn after levelling up all your gear? These changes are meant to benefit both players who passively gain Affinity in their journey in the Star Chart, as well as those who actively work towards meeting their daily cap.
NEW GRINEER GHOUL ENEMY
They spawn out of body bags buried in the ground.
Using the explosives tied to their arms, they launch themselves at you.
They terrify me. Send help.
NEW WEAPON TYPE
Your (my?) dreams of wielding the Tessaiga are finally coming true. We’re working on a new weapon grip type for large two-handed Katanas. Here’s a look at what to expect:
INCREASED DETAIL ON WARFRAMES
Lots of work being done towards bringing up the level of detail for Warframe. Here’s a peek at the improvements you can expect:
REMASTERS VS NEW TILESETS
Remasters aren’t high on our priority list as we have already dealt with the worst offenders. Instead, our focus will be on world expansions, and incorporating tilesets into those expansions. You might see an instance of this with the new Operation next week!
An Asteroid remaster is being worked on, but we have no release date at this time.
MAKE CLANS GREAT AGAIN
We have a dedicated Clan team that continued to grow this year, which means we have a lot planned for the Clan and Dojo systems in the future.
An overall relighting and remaster for Dojos will be coming, in addition to a reinvigoration of content. Steve talked about customizable Obstacle courses for players to create, as well as different (faction?) themes for the Dojo’s aesthetic. If you love the Tenno style, that’s awesome, but we’re looking to expand the customization of this Clan space.
These themes may also be incorporated into your ship, as we have things planned for the third Orbiter door.
- The Sacrifice will not be released this year.
- We’re working on petting animations and idles for Operators.
- We are looking into ways of incorporating the Leave Squad functionality from Plains of Eidolon into other endless missions.
- Plains-specific resources will be used and available for other items in the future, once stockpiles build up!
- Lots of discussion has gone into dealing with veteran resource stockpiles and how to best make use of them.
- 3 meter Warframe and Operator vacuum was added with Update 22. We will potentially iterate on this in the future, but nothing is confirmed at this time.
- The Sentient Arm Cannon is set to come with the Sentient Outpost, which was revealed this year at TennoCon. You might see a tease about this kind of weaponry at the end of this year.
- No Raids currently in the works or being talked about.
- The Relay reconstruction event is planned, but is not quite ready yet. In it, players will be able to choose the theme of the Relay and more. Each platform will have their own unique Relay depending on what the community chooses.
- Fan melee weapons were put to the side but are still being worked on.
- We are hoping for more Octavia song packs, and maybe the ability to change what key your composition is in.
- No current plans for boots (other than for walking).
- There is a plan in place for the moral decisions system introduced with The War Within. The team alluded to it relating to the “Man in the Wall” from the Chains of Harrow Quest.
- We tested out Shield Gating and it didn’t accomplish what we wanted. It’s not off the table, but we’re not comfortable to add it right now.
THE REMOTE OBSERVER – VOL 16.5
For sake of space, we’ve compiled our weekly update note round-up into the spoilers below. If you want a look at important changes that came to PC this week that you might have missed, keep on reading:
Plains of Eidolon:
- Increased the Cetus Standing reward for each Bounty tier.
- Replaced Grokdrul and Iradite pickups from crates and caches with Rubedo and Ferrite in the Plains.
- Added Circuits to Turret drop tables; added Circuits, Rubedo and Ferrite to Dropship drop tables; added Plastids, Circuits, Oxium and Cryotic as rewards for Bounties in the first two tiers.
- Fixed some missing reward pools in Bounty reward rotations.
- Kwath additional damage increased from 9 to 14.
- Kroostra additional damage increased from 9 to 14.
- Mewan base damage increased from 81 to 86.
- Kronsh base damage increased from 81 to 86.
- Ruhang additional damage increased from 9 to 14.
- Ruhang II additional damage increased from 18 to 28.
Zaw Stat Fixes:
- Ooltha’s base Critical Chance changed from 22% to 18% as intended.
- Mewan’s base Status Chance change from 22% to 18% as intended.
- Fixed a progression stopper where Vor was invincible.
- Operators can now always Transference to their Warframe while in air, but Warframes can only Transference to Operator once while in the air.
- Convergence Orbs are now more lenient in Endless missions, and spawn at a position relative to the objective instead of the player. Orbs are also more combat-focused so that they are more likely to spawn as soon as the chance from a kill succeeds (before there could be short delays).
- Fixed Zaw Rivens having unintentionally lower stats than their Disposition indicated. This results in an overall Zaw Riven buff by 50%.
Thanks for reading, Tenno! Have an amazing weekend.